Join us this summer at Camp Snowball—
Do you want to make sure that our students are prepared for the future they will inherit? That what they are learning is more relevant and engaging? Do you want to carry out the promise of the Common Core? Come to camp as we scale up student success.Co-hosted by Peter Senge, author of The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization—and a team of experienced faculty and staff—students, educators, community and business partners will join together to revisit what student success really means. How can we prepare students—our future leaders—for the roles they will step into in tomorrow’s organizations and world? A growing number of school systems have found that by integrating best practices in instructional strategy with the tools and techniques of systems thinking, organizational learning, and education for sustainability, they can accelerate student’s ability to live, learn, and thrive in a fast-paced, technology-driven world. At Camp Snowball, young people and adults will participate together in a rich array of workshops to build their capacity in these key 21st-century skills. By viewing the world through a systems lens, participants learn to:
· Anticipate and assess decision-making outcomes · Identify ways to positively impact their world through sustainability efforts · Understand and address complex issues · Employ novel technologies for innovating solutions to daunting challenges
And because adults interact with students at camp, they can see how valuable and relevant students find these tools and approaches directly. The energy and enthusiasm is infectious! Don't miss out.
New Scholarship Opportunity Available! This year we are pleased to offer some special scholarships for teacher/high school student pairs from the same school who wish to focus on Education for Sustainability. The pair must also commit to at least two follow-up coaching calls with the grantmaker who has taught and developed curriculum in this area. The scholarships covers registration. Travel, accommodations, and expenses are on your own. To apply, click here.
Camp Snowball Twitter Feed
- Innovation to Let it Snow....
- Looking for teachers in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill
- Leading Change in School Systems
- Common Core General Session
- Trust and Learning
- Michael Fullan will join us via skype at Camp Snowball
- Invite Your Colleagues to Come to Camp Snowball
- Great Case for Why We Do What We Do
- Another found item
- Great Article about critical thinking from Winston-Salem